Are you in the market for a versatile and high-performance wood pellet grill? You might find that the Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 Wifi Wood Pellet Grill is a great fit for you.
In this review, we’ll dive into the grill’s features and benefits, as well as its drawbacks, to help you make an informed purchasing decision.
- Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 Wifi Wood Pellet Grill: Pros & Cons
- Cooking Area and Temperature Range
- Digital Control Board and Connectivity
- Ash Management and Flame Broiler Lever
- Cooking Grates and Probes
- Construction and Warranty
- Differences Between the Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 and the Standard Navigator
- Pros & Cons of the Pit Boss Pro Series 1150
- Pros of Pro Series 1150
- Cons of the Pit Boss 1150
Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 Wifi Wood Pellet Grill: Pros & Cons
Cooking Area and Temperature Range
One of the standout features of the Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 is its expansive cooking area, which measures 1150 square inches or 7451 square centimetres. This makes it a great option for large families, parties, and events. Additionally, the grill boasts a wide temperature range of 82°F to 260°C, allowing you to cook a variety of dishes with precision and consistency.
Digital Control Board and Connectivity
The Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 also features a digital PID control board, which ensures accurate temperature control and maintains consistent heat throughout the cooking process. The grill is also Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatible, allowing you to control and monitor it remotely through the Pit Boss SmokeiT app. This feature is particularly convenient for those who want to keep an eye on their cooking from afar.
Ash Management and Flame Broiler Lever
Cleaning up after a grilling session is often a hassle, but the Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 makes it easy with its removable ash management system. Additionally, the grill features an innovative Flame Broiler Lever™, which allows you to switch between direct and indirect flame grilling modes with ease. This provides you with added versatility and the ability to cook a wider range of dishes.
Cooking Grates and Probes
The Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 features crosshatch porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates, which offer excellent heat retention and create beautiful sear marks on your food. The grill also has four meat probe ports and comes with two meat probes, allowing you to monitor multiple dishes at once and ensure that they’re cooked to perfection.
Construction and Warranty
The Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 is built to last, with heavy-duty steel construction and a high-temperature powder coat finish. The grill also has a solid steel side shelf with built-in tool hooks and a solid steel front shelf that folds up and down for added convenience. The grill comes with a five-year warranty, giving you added peace of mind and protection for your investment.
Differences Between the Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 and the Standard Navigator
The Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 stands out from the standard Navigator, with its advanced technology, making it a top-of-the-line option for grilling enthusiasts. It features a digital PID control board, which provides even temperatures and natural hardwood smoke.
It also has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatibility, allowing you to control the grill’s temperature settings, monitor meat probes, and more, from anywhere you like with the ‘Smoke it’ app. In contrast, the standard Navigator doesn’t have this level of digital control, relying on manual temperature adjustments.
The PB1150PS2 also features a cast iron diamond-shaped cooking grid, which is known for providing perfect sear marks. The grill’s 8-in-1 cooking versatility means it can sear, smoke, barbecue, roast, char-grill, braise, bake, and grill, providing a wide range of options for your culinary adventures.
With a temperature range of 82° – 260°C, it also has a patented Simple Slide-Plate Flame Broiler that allows for direct flame searing up to 1000°F or 538°C.
In terms of cooking area, the PB1150PS2 has a 1150 square inch or 7,451 square centimetre cooking surface, making it ideal for larger meals or hosting events. The grill also comes with a 14kg hopper capacity and an easy-pellet-cleanout door, making it convenient to use.
Pros & Cons of the Pit Boss Pro Series 1150
Pros of Pro Series 1150
- Large cooking area: The Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 has an impressive 7451 square centimeters of cooking space, making it ideal for large families and groups.
- Precise temperature control: With a temperature range of 82°F to 260°C and a digital PID control board, the grill offers precise temperature control and maintains consistent heat throughout the cooking process.
- Advanced connectivity: The Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatible, allowing you to control and monitor it remotely through the Pit Boss SmokeiT app. This feature is particularly useful for those who want to keep an eye on their cooking from a distance.
- Versatile cooking options: The grill has 8-in-1 cooking versatility, allowing you to smoke, bake, roast, sear, braise, barbecue, char-grill, and grill all in one appliance.
- Easy to clean: The grill features a removable ash management system and a grease management system with an easy-to-clean bucket, making cleanup a breeze.
Cons of the Pit Boss 1150
- Limited hopper capacity: The grill’s hopper capacity is 14 kilograms, which may not be sufficient for frequent or prolonged use for longer smokes
- Heavy: The Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 is built with heavy-duty steel construction, making it sturdy but also quite heavy to move around.
- Price: The Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 is priced higher than some other pellet grills on the market, which may be a factor for budget-conscious consumers.
- Wifi Connectivity: Some users complain about difficulty with connectivity when using the Smoke It app
The Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 Wifi Wood Pellet Grill is a high-quality grill with advanced features and versatile cooking options. Its large cooking area, precise temperature control, and advanced connectivity make it a standout option for serious grilling enthusiasts. However, it does have some drawbacks, such as requiring assembly, limited hopper capacity (14kg may not be big enough for larger gatherings), and a higher price point.
Overall, the Pit Boss Pro Series 1150 is a solid choice for those looking for a top-of-the-line pellet grill, but it may not be the best fit for everyone.