Looking for an easy and delicious recipe for a hearty meal? Look no further than this slow cooker Beef Bourguignon!
Made with tender beef, vegetables, and red wine, this dish is sure to become a new family favourite. Simply throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and let it do the work for you. In just a few hours, you’ll have a mouthwatering meal that’s perfect for any occasion, especially colder nights.
Serve it over mashed potatoes or rice and garnish with fresh parsley for added flavour.
Keep reading for the full recipe and be sure to check out our Youtube short to help.
Delicious and Easy Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- 2 lbs braising beef cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4-5 slices of smoked bacon cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 finely sliced shallots
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 3/4 bottle red wine
- 1 cup good quality beef broth (stock)
- A good splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves picked and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lb carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz pearl onions, frozen or fresh
- 1 Pack of Good Quality Mushrooms e.g. Oyster or Shiitake
- Put your slow cooker on high to preheat it.
- Now chop all your veg, bacon and beef and add them to the slow cooker with a little butter or oil.
- Let the meat and vegetables cook for a few minutes until they are just beginning to soften. Add the red wine, beef broth, tomato paste, Worchestershire sauce, rosemary, and bay leaves to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 4-6 hours.
- Discard the bay leaf before serving. Serve the beef bourguignon with mashed potatoes or with rice.
You can also see our Instagram reel of the process here:
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also like our article ‘Pork Shoulder in the Slow Cooker.’