Paella is a traditional Spanish rice dish that is typically made with seafood (often prawns), chicken, chorizo sausage, and vegetables. While it can be time-consuming to make, this easy slow cooker paella version allows you to enjoy all the flavours of traditional paella without the hassle.
Easy Slow Cooker Paella Recipe
- 1 chopped chicken breast
- 100g chopped chorizo
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 red pepper chopped lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon extra hot chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 jar sundried tomatoes
- small glass white wine
- 750ml chicken or fish stock
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 250g paella rice
- parsley and lemon to serve.
Slow Cooker Paella Method
- Put your slow cooker on high to preheat.
- Chop all the vegetables, chorizo and chicken and put them in the slow cooker. (Leave the peas and prawns until later). Stir to combine.
- Add the tomato puree, sundried tomatoes, wine, stock, smoked paprika, chilli powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours.
- 1 hour before you want to serve add the paella rice, prawns and frozen peas.
- When the paella is finished cooking, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges, and serve in bowls.