Here are our favourite quick and easy Pit Boss recipes to try at home. Obviously you can do them on the Traeger, Weber, Masterbuilt, Kamado Joe, Z Grills or whatever smoker you have.
These recipes come from Pit Boss themselves, and have Pit Boss enthusiasts in mind, but they are quick & easy smoker recipes that can be done on any BBQ grills.
- Pit Boss Quick Recipe 1 – Grilled Rosemary Pork Chops
- Easy Pit Boss Recipes 2 – Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon
- Pit Boss Quick Recipe 3 – Cowboy Nachos
- Pellet Grill Recipe 4 – Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Easy Pit Boss Recipe 5 – Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Easy Pellet Smoker Recipe 6 – Grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos
- Pit Boss Recipe Ideas 7 – Brie Baked in A Hollowed Out Round Sourdough
- 8 Mexican Style Street Corn in the Pellet Smoker
- Smoked Meatloaf on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill
With a total cook time of only 10 minutes this great BBQ smoker recipe couldn’t be easier or quicker.
You begin by marinating the chops in the ingredients below in a plastic bag.
- 6 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 4 Good Sized Pork Chops
- 2 Tablespoons of Dried Rosemary
- 1 cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of Warm Water
- 3 teaspoons of Pit Boss All Purpose GSP Rub
When you are ready to cook you set your start your Pellet Grill up, set it on ”Smoke” leaving the lid open until you have a fire in the burn pot. Bring the temperature up to 350°F or 177°C and then cook the chops for around 10 minutes.
Super simple and tasty!
These poppers are the ultimate snack or side dish and really easy to prepare and grill.
The peppers are stuffed with a cream cheese filling and then wrapped with bacon.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 Pack of Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Pack Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Pit Boss Bourbon Apple Rub https://shrsl.com/3nnc3
Grill them for around 15-20 minutes at 400°F until the bacon is nice and crispy.
Preheat your grill to 400°F or 204°C and cook 2 ribeye steaks to your liking.
Remove and slice the steaks then add to a cast iron pot with tortilla chips and cheese.
Put the pan on the grills for around 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Serve with Salsa, Sour Cream and Guacamole!
This is an absolutely delicious side dish or appetiser which is very easy and quick. You really must try it!
The cheesy garlicky sauce is gorgeous and moreish.
You cook the steak cubes coated in the rub at a medium-high temperature. At the same time you make the sauce in a small pan until the cheese has melted.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 Ribeye or NY Strip Steak Trimmed and Cut into 1” Cubes
- 4 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- 2-3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pit Boss Smoked Salt and Pepper Rub
- Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
The recipe suggests a Pit Boss Griddle, but just use a cast iron pan on the pellet grill if you don’t have one.
This is delicious appetiser or side dish worthy of any BBQ event.
It’s also really simple to prepare and grill.
You wrap each hot dog in a slice of bacon, securing it with a toothpick at each end. Then you grill the dog for around 4-6 minutes at a medium high heat (350-450°F), until the bacon is nice and crispy.
All you need to do then is toast the buns on the grills, add your dogs to your buns, sprinkle over the chopped peppers and serve!
For this recipe you will need:
- 1-2 Finely Sliced Green Peppers
- 6-8 Hot Dog Buns
- 6-8 Strips of Smoky Bacon
- 6-8 Frankfurters
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
Seafood is always quick to smoke and pretty easily prepared. The delicious Mexican flavours in this taco dish, along with the mango are just knockout.
- 20 oz skinned and cleaned Mahi Mahi fish
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Ripe Mango
- 1/2 finely chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 finely chopped Red Pepper
- 1 Avocado cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of Pit Boss Chicken and Poultry Rub
- The juice of 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of chopped Coriander/Cilantro
Simply season the fish with the rub and then assemble all of the ingredients (apart from the tortillas) together in a bowl for the mango avocado salsa.
Set your pellet grill to smoke, and leave it for 10 minutes with the lid open. Preheat the grill to 400°F then cook the fish for 6-10 minutes to an internal temperature of 155°F.
Grill your corn tortillas for a few seconds on each side and then fill them with the grilled Mahi Mahi and mango avocado salsa.
Simple, but elegantly flavourful!
This is a flavourful easy starter or side you’ll want to try at your next BBQ.
Cut the top of the loaf and hollow it out with enough room to place the brie inside. Next cut some slits in the side of the loaf and baste the outside of the bread with olive oil and maple syrup.
Cut the brie in half and place inside the loaf, placing the prosciutto on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the rub on top and add a little more maple syrup.
Now place in your pellet smoker at 350°F on a tray lined with parchment paper for around 25 minutes.
Rest for 5 minutes and then get stuck in!
- A Large Round Loaf of Sourdough
- Olive Oil
- Prosciutto or Italian Style Ham
- Maple Syrup
- Pit Boss GSP Rub
This is a great take on the classic Mexican Street Food Elote; a really great Pit Boss smoker recipe.
The corn is grilled in its husk for around 25-35 minutes at 400°F, and then removed from the husk and seared.
It is then rolled in a mixture of sour cream, mayo and Sweet Heat Rub.
Finally add shredded Cotija cheese, chopped cilantro/coriander and chopped pieces of sautéed Chorizo sausage.
One of the best smoked food ideas!
Ingredients for Elote with Chorizo Sausage
- 1 pound of Chorizo Sausage
- 6 ears of Sweetcorn in the husk
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup of finely chopped Cilantro/Coriander
- 1 Cup Cotija Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup of Sweet Heat Rub
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
This classic smoker recipe for meatloaf from scratch is great for any BBQ event or family meal.
You coat the meatloaf liberally in a tasty dry rub before the smoke, and then brush it with your BBQ sauce of choice during the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
It only takes around 3-4 hours on the pellet grills at 225°F, and not too much time to prepare. Serve it with mashed potatoes and a nice green salad on the side. So flavoursome!
Or another quick and easy recipe for the grills – Carne Asada with Homemade Tacos.Yum