If you are looking for an easy best veggie burger recipe which has a great taste and texture, this is the place to be.
If you’ve ever tried to make a vegetarian burger before then you know it can be difficult to make one that holds its shape well and cooks evenly. Plant-based burgers can also be a bit bland at times. You won’t have any of those issues with this recipe – we know you’ll love this delicious and easy to prepare epic veggie burger.
This recipe will make 2-3 large veggie patties.
If you want to make this a vegan recipe use vegan mayo and cheese, and vegan friendly baps (we used brioche baps which contain quite a lot of butter).
Easy & Best Veggie Burger Recipe to Make at Home
Veggie Patty Ingredients
- 1 pack of oyster mushrooms roughly chopped (you can substitute other mushrooms but oysters have particularly good taste & texture)
- 1 finely chopped white onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- a splash of worchestershire sauce
- 1 tin of drained red kidney beans
- 2 cheese slices (vegan cheese if desired)
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- black pepper to taste
Vegetarian Burger Method
- Add the chopped mushrooms and onions to a medium hot pan. Cook down until the onions are soft and opaque.
- Add in the tin of red kidney beans (drained)
- Add the soy sauce and worchestershire sauce and stir to combine.
- Now add the chopped garlic to the pan for a minute or so.
- Mash the beans down a little with a potato masher.
- Season generously with black pepper.
- Add the contents of the pan to a food processor or Nutribullet along with the breadcrumbs.
- Roll the patties into 2 balls around the size of your palm. If the patties are too sticky add a little oil to your hands.
- Place the 2 patties in a medium hot pan and press down with a burger press or spatula. (this helps to create a crispy outside to the burger and seal in moisture for juicier burgers)
- Fry the veggie burgers for 4-5 minutes a side until they are thoroughly cooked through. Place a cheese slice on each patty after you have flipped them, and then place a lid on to help the cheese melt.
- Serve on toasted burger buns with lettuce, mayo, tomato slices, ketchup and mustard if desired. We used our homemade mustard with Irish stout.
Watch the whole process on this Instagram video. Tag us if you try it at home yourself!
If you enjoyed this recipe you’ll like these two as well.