Macaroni and cheese is a classic comfort food, but have you considered a mac and cheese stuffed burger? It’s easy, quick and beyond delicious.
Table of Contents
Easy Mac and Cheese Stuffed Burger Recipe
Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- 100g cooked macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (100g) grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (100g) grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Mac and Cheese Method
- Boil the macaroni according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile make a roux by adding a tablespoon of flour and a tablespoon of butter to a medium hot pan, stirring regularly with a whisk.
- Add the milk and continue to stir.
- Add the cheeses and keep on stirring to help the flour dissolve.
- Add the garlic powder, paprika and Worchestershire sauce and stir to dissolve
- Once the macaroni is cooked add to the pan and mix thoroughly. If the sauce is too thick use a little of the pasta water to loosen it.
- Set aside to cool.
Mac and Cheese Stuffed Burger Instructions
- With wet hands roll half of the beef mince (ground beef) into a ball about the size of the palm of your hand. Press down on it with your fingers and create a small hollow for the mac and cheese to go in.
- Place about a tablespoon of mac and cheese into the middle of the beef mince.
- Pull up the edges with your fingers to help shape the burger and then add the rest of your beef over the top. Roll the burger into a ball taking care to cover all the mac and cheese stuffing. (see the video below to help)
- Place the burger in a medium hot pan and cook it for around 8-10 minutes a side. If you like your burger medium rare you will need to use mince that has been freshly ground that day, otherwise take care to cook the burger the whole way through.
- Toast the brioche buns lightly and then build your burger. Put some lettuce or mixed leaves on top of the bottom bun along with some burger sauce or ketchup along with sliced tomato.
- Add a slice of cheese and then place your cooked burger on top. Add some more mac and cheese to the top of your burger and put the lid on.
- Optional – sliced gherkins, crispy bacon slices and hot sauce.
If you would like to see the whole process check out our Instagram video below. Don’t forget to comment, like and follow!
If you enjoyed this article you might also like these other burger recipes.